Terms & Conditions
COVID-19 Update:Advent meeting rooms are limited to the following capacities at any given time:
Event Wing = 22 people
CPCC Small Business Center Event Space = 10 people
Classroom = 10 people
The Space by Advent = 10 people
Conference Room = 6 people
Creative Suite = 6 people
Fish Bowl = 6 people
Podcast Studio = 4 people
In addition to the cleaning requirements listed below, members and guests must disinfect common touch surfaces if used. These include door handles, light switches, tables, chairs, remotes, and podcast equipment if applicable. Disinfectant spray and paper towels will be provided.
Members and guests must not come to Advent if they are sick, have a fever, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 within the last 2 weeks. If any of these conditions are met, the specific member or guest must not enter Advent for at least 14 days.
Everyone must check their temperature upon entering using the provided non-contact thermometer. Anyone with a fever must leave immediately and not return for 14 days. Instructions for usage will be available at the entrance.
Everyone must wear a mask at all times unless they are in an enclosed area. Masks can be removed inside the booked room if the door is closed and guests maintain a 6-foot distance from each other. Everyone must practice safe, 6-foot social distancing regardless of mask usage.
Event Wing/CPCC Small Business Center Event Space/Conference Room/Creative Suite:
- Advent personnel will not be onsite during your event.
- The room(s) will not be setup by Advent personnel.
- Allot enough time for setup and tear down with your reservation. You can only access your room between the hours reserved, and you can only access this room. You are not able to come early or stay later than the hours reserved.
- You only have access to the room reserved. Do not use other rooms for your event guests or for storage during your event.
- Events that result in cleaning, repairs or staff time are subject to additional fees, as determined by Advent Coworking.
- Access to the kitchen, refrigerator, and coworking space is prohibited.
- Event host is responsible for their guests' access in and out of Advent.
- Guests will not be able to access the space if the event host is late.
- Advent spaces are self-serve. That means no Advent personnel will be onsite, and Event Hosts (you) are responsible for all setup and tear down of the space > make sure you've allotted enough time in your booking!
- When your event ends, you must follow these Exit Checklist Items (There will be an additional charge for items not completed to compensate our cleaning crew):
- Leave all tables and chairs as pictured below (put everything back where you found it).
- Turn off and unplug the television.
- Vacuum all debris, crumbs, etc.. using the vacuum in the bathroom hallway.
- Remove all carpet spills and stains using the spray in the cleaning cart in the bathroom hallway.
- Wipe down all counter-spaces and tables with spray in the cleaning cart in the bathroom hallway (if used).
- Clean any bathroom messes with spray in the cleaning cart in the bathroom hallway. This includes: toilet seat, floor around toilet, sink, and mirror.
- Replace toilet paper and paper towels when empty or near empty in the 2 bathrooms (keys for each dispenser are in each bathroom).
- Erase white boards (if used).
- Take all trash/recycling bags which have food or are more than 1/3 full to the receptacles outside the building near the railroad tracks on Louise (see picture below).
- Ensure the trash receptacles (near event entrance and the bathrooms) inside Advent do not have any trash, are cleaned completely, and have a new trash bag added when needed (trash bags are in the cleaning cart in the bathroom hallway).
- Do not leave any personal belongings in the space.
- Make sure the Event Entrance door is shut securely.
- The event host must be the last person to leave after the event.
- When your event ends, you must follow these Exit Checklist Items (There will be an additional charge for items not completed to compensate our cleaning crew):
- For event date changes, there will be an additional $20 fee for each date change.
- No refunds will be provided for event bookings cancelled by the event host. However, your payment can be applied to a future booking or day pass if Advent receives sufficient notice of cancellation. We require two weeks notice for the CPCC Small Business Center Event Space and 48 hours notice for the Conference Room and Creative Suite.
- Events that have attendance 20% more than estimated in the booking form subject to additional fees, as determined by Advent Coworking.
The Space by Advent:Rental: The Space studio can be rented for classes, workshops, and other events/activities as agreed upon. Paid rental time periods include time for set-up and clean-up as described in the “Housekeeping” section of this document. Space must be booked at www.adventcoworking.com . Space is not guaranteed until it has been paid for in full and the Rental Agreement has been completed and signed by the Renter. Your rental time frame includes set-up and clean-up of all mats, blocks, straps, blankets, decorations, food prep, tables, chairs, etc. Total hours used are calculated from scheduled access time until actual end of cleanup. You will receive a door code via email prior to your designated access time.
Payments and Cancellations: All rental payments and refunds take place at www.adventcoworking.com . Renters must pay in full for all studio space at the time of booking by credit card. Renters will immediately receive a receipt. No refunds are provided for any cancellations.
Equipment: The following items are available for Renter’s use and should be returned to their original locations, stacked neatly, on the shelves at the end of your class: 25 yoga mats, blankets, and straps, 30 blocks, and two speakers (accessible by Bluetooth or AUX, name = Tribit Sound). A binder in the studio shows a picture of the shelf organization of equipment. Please return the equipment to its proper shelf location as shown in this picture. Be careful with all equipment and place blankets under any heavy item(s) to protect the floor and mirrors. Do not allow anyone to do any poses against the mirrored wall.
Shoes: Shoes with metal heel caps or cleats MUST be removed upon entering the studio. Only normal street shoes, soft-soled, non-marking, absolutely clean dance or athletic shoes are allowed.
Hours and Occupancy: The studio is available for rentals, on a space-available basis, from 5am to 11pm daily. Prices vary depending on the day of the week and the time of day. Renter agrees to be present in the studio at all times during the above agreed upon rental times. Renter will not hold an event and will not permit classes or events to be held, in excess of the number of persons that are permitted by applicable fire and/or building codes in The Space or in the premises as a whole, as applicable. Renter MAY NOT charge for any alcohol served in The Space. Renter assumes all responsibility for The Space during the event hours.
Alcohol Policy: Under NO circumstances is Renter allowed to charge participants for any alcohol served in The Space, according to NC law, Advent Coworking policy, and The Space’s insurance policy. Alcohol, in moderation, may be served by completing the Alcohol Waiver available by request.
Smoking/Incense/Flames: Absolutely NO smoking anywhere inside the building. Absolutely NO incense, candles, smudge sticks, or open flames of any sort.
Renter's Props/Equipment: All props or equipment that Renter brings into The Space need to be constructed in such a way that they cause no damage to floor or studio walls and mirrors. All props/equipment must have felt padding or protective covering on any part that rests on the floor or against the wall. No props/equipment should rest against the mirrors.
Storage: Renters may NEVER leave any equipment, costumes, props, or personal belongings anywhere in the studio, closet, hallway, or bathroom.
Door Code: Renters will be sent a code to open The Space’s door and agree not to inform any person of the door code.
Security: The Space is monitored 24/7 by three security cameras. Renter assumes responsibility for the security of The Space during each rental period. The door does automatically lock when closed. If any guests need to exit the studio to use the restroom, be sure to leave the door cracked. Renters are required to return The Space to a secure state upon leaving by making sure the door is closed and locked.
Emergencies: For any emergency situations including accidents, health crises, criminal activities, or fire, call 911. There is no phone available at The Space. It is advised to have your mobile phone close at hand.
Damage: Renter assumes full responsibility for any damage caused to any part of the entryway, studio, bathroom, speakers, cameras, floors, windows, mirrors, walls, ceilings, included equipment, etc. sustained during the Renter’s scheduled studio time. Renter agrees to pay in full for repair or replacement of any item or structure damaged by the Renters or by collaborators, students, or guests invited to The Space by the Renter. Full payment for damage shall be made within 10 days of the damage.
Liability: Renter assumes liability for injury of any persons Renter invites to The Space, including but not limited to: students, collaborators, guests, or audience members. Renter may be requested to provide a certificate of liability insurance (COI) naming the Advent Coworking LLC (d/b/a The Space) as an additional insured, with a minimum per-occurrence coverage of $1,000,000 personal and property coverage. A copy of the required Certificate of Liability Insurance must be submitted prior to your class, activity, or event. Yoga teachers may be asked to provide individual liability insurance.
Housekeeping: Renter assumes responsibility for returning the studio to its excellent condition within the rental time frame and before leaving the premises. All lights, speakers, and electrical equipment must be turned off. Trash and litter must be removed not only from The Space but also from the building. The floor must be mopped and mirrors cleaned using the supplies available. The cleaning supplies are located on the prop wall, the mop is in the closet, and the vacuum is plugged into the wall. All yoga mats, blocks, etc. must be cleaned if used. If additional cleaning is required to return the studio to its proper condition, you will be charged a fee. The shade on the door is for privacy and the curtains in front of the door act as a sound barrier. Please leave the shade up and the curtains pulled back before you exit. The sign on the front door should read “Welcome.” If you adjusted the temperature during your rental period, make sure the thermostat is back to “Following Schedule” before you leave.
WIFI: The WIFI network and password can be found on the shelves housing yoga supplies.
Parking: Free parking is available in the building lot, the gravel lot across Louise Ave., and on the street. The Space is not responsible for any damage or theft from your vehicle.
Please leave the studio either in better or in the same condition as you when you arrived. This means push in your chairs, make sure the board and the levels match the photos in this binder, pick up after yourself, and don’t forget your SD card, computer, or anything else you bring in.WiFi: Wifi information can be found in your booking confirmation email.
Assistance: If you need assistance in the podcast studio, please watch our videos on the Advent Coworking YouTube channel. If you plan to record a Skype, FaceTime, or phone call interview, please refer to Video 6 on our YouTube channel and it will walk you through the process.If you are an Advent member, we have a Podcast Ambassador who can set up time with you to go over the board and best practices of podcasting.
If you are not a member of Advent and would like one-on-one podcast assistance, please contact [email protected] for producer and engineer referrals. If you are in the studio during our normal work hours, you may call us at 980-299-8331.
Membership: With the exception of Free Podcast Day, special events with Advent Podcast University, or other one-off podcasting experiences, the Advent podcast studio is only open to Advent members. If you are currently not an Advent member and are interested in membership, please go to our website adventcoworking.com and select the Become a Member tab at the top to see all available options.
Equipment: Our Podcast Studio has seats for 4 people. The following equipment is included in the studio:
4 Heil PR40 mics
4 head phones
14 channel mixer with Onyx Preamplifiers
2 photography lights
Everything to record Phone/Skype conversations
Additional audio wires if needed
The Board: Please do not hit the mute buttons or the solo buttons unless you know how to use those properly. If you do change any of the dials or levels, PLEASE put them back before leaving the studio.
Your booking confirmation email contains photos of how the board should be set when you leave.
- Acceptance of Terms
The service of Advent Coworking LLC provides to you are subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms, conditions and use (TOU) may be modified at any time without notification.
Advent Coworking will provide access depending on parameters on your confirmed reservation. These may or may not include, but are not limited to an office space, desk, internet access, meeting rooms, event space, and other offerings of Advent, hereinafter referred to as “services” as part of your event reservation. Services are subject to availability, acceptance of reservation by Advent staff and to the TOUs.
- Quiet Enjoyment and Room Use Expectations
The bookable rooms and spaces of Advent are here for your convenience, but they must be used in a way that is respectful and keeps the rooms/spaces clean for other’s use. Those using the spaces are legally and financially responsible for and damage or loss of business resulting from misuse or damage. When using a room you are responsible to keep the noise level at a reasonable level so that others may not be interrupted in the main coworking space. During the use of the room you are allowed to welcome nonmembers into the space and bathroom areas only, and must not enter the main coworking space.
All members and guests have the right to quiet enjoyment and any behavior that breaches this will not be condoned. You will not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others. This is an open office shared by many different peoples and organizations. Anything said should be expected to be heard by others.
Fees may be charged for an event (including after an event) to the organizer for the following reasons:
- Additional cleaning was required
- Staff time was required to return space to a serviceable state
- Loss of business from event before, during or after
- Repairs from damage
- Chairs, tables, furniture, TV, and other items not properly put away or returned to their original positions
- Disruption to our coworking business – disruption to our members
- Misrepresentation or estimation of attendance numbers (even if you did not know so many people would show up)
Key points about additional fees:
- All assessments of cleaning, damage, staff time and other billables are determined by Advent Coworking
- Agreeing to these terms of service you are agreeing to be subject to additional fees
- Additional fees are billed at Advent’s discretion
- You authorize Advent Coworking to charge any credit card numbers it has on file for fees
Fee schedule all subject to change without notice:
- Staff time: $75 and up per hour
- Basic cleaning: $75 per event
- Standard cleaning: $200 and up per event
- Trash removal: $15 per bag (if bagged) $75 per bag (if not bagged)
- Repairs: material cost + $100 and up per hour + $100 management fee
- Folding chair replacement: $15 per chair
- Standard chair replacement: $150
- Table 2×6 replacement: $300 per table
- Table 4×8 replacement: $1,100 per table
- Table 4×4 replacement: $900 per table
- Whiteboard replacement: $450
- TV replacement: $1500 per TV
- Carpet replacement: $100 per square foot (may be estimate under repair costs)
- Other fees as assessed and determined by Advent Coworking
- Access to physical spaces and network assets
Access is granted to event hosts and their guests for the reserved space and services confirmed in the reservation. You will not grant access, lend keys, share passwords/logins or give codes to anyone. You will not allow nonmembers to enter or use the space unless accompanied by and under the supervision of the event host; You are financially and legally responsible for your event attendees’ actions at all times. You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to physical area or network assets.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Activities
You will not use Advent services in any unlawful or prohibited ways. You may not conduct yourself in a manner that would damage, disable, impair, overburden or cause harm to Advent’s ability to deliver services. The following are prohibited activities that may not happen inside the space, in conjunction with our services or on the property. To include, but not limited to:
- Conducting activities that would prevent, inhibit or disrupt Advent’s ability to provide services
- Keep, store, or bring in any flammable or hazardous materials
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through servers or in our space.
- Being rowdy or disruptive to other members
- Leaving trash, waste or other refuse after a working session
- Smoking, drug use, being in an intoxicated state
- Hosting or allowing access to unaccompanied minors, pets, and unauthorized events/persons
- Place any signs, marketing materials, business cards, or lettering anywhere in the premises or the building unless pre-approved
- Use facilities or services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messaging (commercial or otherwise)
Advent Coworking provides services “as is” and with all faults. Advent will make a good faith effort to deliver the services as contracted in your reservation, outlined in this document and in the Member’s Handbook. We however do not guarantee levels of access, internet connections or speeds, services or products of our partners or other third parties who operate in conjunction with Advent Coworking.
- Force Majeure
Any delay or failure in the performance by Advent Coworking hereunder shall be excused if and to the extent caused by the occurrence of Force Majeure. For purposes of this agreement “Force Majeure” shall be defined as any circumstance not within the reasonable control of Advent despite the exercise of reasonable diligence; circumstances to include but not limited to: fire, flood, acts of God, hurricanes, riots, vandalism or theft.
- Cancellations and Termination of Reservation and/or Event
Advent Coworking reserves the right to terminate a reservation or event at any time. In the event of a termination initiated by Advent, Advent will determine if a refund is to be issued; refunds are fully at the discretion of Advent’s staff. No refunds will be given for events or reservations to those who are terminated for non-payment or late payments on any part of their reservations.
No refunds will be provided for event bookings cancelled by the event host. However, your payment can be applied to a future booking or day pass if Advent receives sufficient notice of cancellation. We require two weeks notice for the CPCC Small Business Center Event Space and 48 hours notice for the Conference Room and Creative Suite.
- Exclusion of liability, damages and incidentals
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall Advent Coworking, it’s owners, subsidiaries, members, agents, or employees be liable for any damages, theft of property, incidentals, personal injury, death, loss of profits, loss of confidentiality, loss of business, business interruptions, or other damages in conjunction with the engagement of Advent Coworking. Event hosts and their attendees and guests hereby release and forever discharge Advent Coworking, its owners, subsidiaries, members, agents, or employees from all claims of damages, demands, and any actions whatsoever, in any manner arising out of participation or associated activities.
- Photo, video and audio
Event host and event attendees and guests hereby grant permission to use their likeness in a photograph, written works, video and audio or other digital reproduction in any and all of its publications, including website entries. Event host and event attendees and guests further give permission for use in any and all of its publications, including website entries, products, web properties, videos, and other marketing materials. Event host and event attendees and guests understand and agree that these materials will become the property of and will not be returned. Event host and event attendees and guests hereby irrevocably authorize Advent Coworking and associated parties to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, sell, license or distribute photos, videos, written works, audio including uses in commercial and revenue generation or for any other lawful purpose. Additionally, Event host and event attendees and guests waive any right to royalties or other compensation.
By reserving a room through our website you certify that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement. You hereby represent and warrant that I have all requisite legal powers and authority to enter into and abide by the TOU with no further approval or authorization on behalf of myself or the company, entity, or party You represent.